ISO 14001 Scoping & Gap Assessments
MorganHill offers ISO 14001 Scoping & Gap Assessment services for the world's most well-known standard that sets out the requirements for an effective Environmental Management System (EMS) - a structured framework that helps organizations manage their environmental impact, improve sustainability practices, and comply with environmental regulations.
If you're seeking to re-certify your EMS, improve upon the framework of your existing EMS, or embark on initial certification, then an ISO 14001 Scoping & Gap Assessment is essential.
Steps undertaken by MorganHill for our ISO 14001 Scoping & Gap Assessment services include the following:
- Understand ISO 14001 Requirements: We’ll help your organization by familiarizing you with the actual ISO 14001 standard and its clauses. Our goal is to help you gain a crystal clear understanding of the principles, elements, and expectations outlined within ISO 14001. With this accomplished, we leave nothing open to interpretations and assumptions.
- Define the Scope of Assessment: We’ll work with your organization to successfully determine the scope as it relates to one's environmental practices and its existing EMS. Specifically, we’ll assist in identifying the organizational boundaries, facilities, processes, products, and services that will be included in the evaluation.
- Assemble a Gap Assessment Team: It's important to form a team of individuals with expertise in environmental management, operations, compliance, and EMS implementation - exactly what MorganHill brings to the table. These team members will then collaborate with your hand-chosen personnel for ensuring an efficient and successful ISO14001 Scoping & Gap Assessment.
- Review Current Environmental Practices and EMS: We'll work with your organization to gather information about your existing environmental management practices and its current EMS. This includes reviewing, assessing and determining the maturity of your policies, procedures, records, reports, and any past sustainability initiatives.
- Identify ISO 14001 Requirements: We'll break down the ISO 14001 standard into its individual clauses and requirements by using our checklists that map each requirement to corresponding aspects of your organization's practices and EMS.
- Gap Analysis for Environmental Practices and EMS: We'll compare your organization's current environmental practices and EMS against the requirements of ISO 14001 using our customized checklists, identifying areas where your practices and EMS align with the standard (conformance) and where gaps exist (non-conformance).
- Prioritize Identified Gaps for Environmental Practices and EMS: We'll prioritize the identified gaps based on factors such as potential environmental impact, regulatory implications, operational significance, and organizational goals.
- Develop an Integrated Action Plan: Lastly, we'll create a detailed action plan that integrates both environmental practices and EMS improvements, outlining the steps needed to address each identified gap, considering how changes in both areas can support each other.
Additional services offered for ISO 14001 include remediation & implementation, performing internal audit functions, along with EMS continual improvement measures. MorganHill also offers industry leading services for ISO 27001, 22301, 27701, 9001, and 45001.
Additionally, we offer a wide range of regulatory compliance services, along with other specialty services. Furthermore, we offer world-class ISMS security documentation and other specialty documents for today’s growing cybersecurity and data privacy reporting requirements
WORLD CLASS ISMS SECURITY DOCUMENTS
Latest Blog Posts
Talk to MorganHill today and Get the Answers You Need